I have found my footing finally and things are starting to smooth out in the classroom. I have a lively bunch of second graders in a title 1 school. They had tested me in every way imaginable and after a couple of months I am feeling more and more confident as their teacher. At first I wanted to run back to my comfy job as a para. If fact I thought about it more than once, but I toughed my way through it and I think I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I can't believe I have been in college sooo long and it is still pretty foreign to be actually graduating. The prospect of finding a job and completing all the licensing requirements is overwhelming. I just have to remind myself to take a deep breath and take things one step at a time.
74 days from now I will have finished my bachelors degree so if you don't get an update I will probably have my head buried in the KPTP, lesson plans, grading papers, or just chillin' with my family.
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Student Teaching
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment